Injector Problem/s

Postprzez eldiablo74 » 9 sty 2022, 15:36

Czesc,

This is my 1st post on mazdaspeed pl

About 3 weeks after I bought my M3 2.2D sport 185 i took it to a guy in Bialystok to have it chip tuned.
The car originally came from Switzerland and was a 1 owner car with Full Mazda service history before it arrived in Poland.

I bought the car with 209,000 km, new oil and filters, no CEL nothing.

The guy put the car on the rollers and told me the car was only producing 150hp he thought it was 150hp engine but it is 185.
He did a 2nd run and the same figure came at the same figure, he told me that he would not remap it, if it had a problem, i was obviously pissed off, but he was a good guy for not just taking my money.

He suggested it could be an Injector fault, so I started with the basics, new diesel filter, 2 x cans of TEC2000 injector cleaner ran through the system at the pump.

The car still doesnt feel like its 185hp more 150hp (it is original engine and all codes match up)
so has anyone experienced this before??

I had contacted Mazda and they advised me the car had a new timing belt change at 160,000km.
Now I'm guessing they changed the injector seals, and re calibrated the injectors but the nice guy in Mazda Polska could not tell me if the seals or the injectors were re-calibrated, he just advised as per the service schedule so that could be a yes or a no.

Sometimes when the car is hot and idling at the traffic lights it sometimes jumps like a misfire, it never stalls just like a little jump.
Has anyone any experience of faulty injectors on the 185.

Can they be fixed? Are they the same as the 150 model?

Any advise will be truly grateful as i want to chip tune the car to get maximum satisfaction from this great handling car.

Many thanks
Simon
Początkujący

Od: 9 sty 2022, 15:02
Auto: 2009
Mazda 3 2.2D 185 Sport Nav

Postprzez Artanis02 » 2 mar 2022, 05:53

Hello and welcome to the forums.
As your chip guys said, I'd do the basics.
Replace glow plugs, have a comptetent mechanic inspect the injectors, make sure the A/C compressor is off or if you turn it on see if that makes the car sometimes lose revs. M3BL compressors are known to fail. Change all filters, oils, fluids, inspect the clutch, do a compression test, check battery voltage, alternator. Inspect/replace V-Belt and pulleys. Check throttle position/gas pedal sensor. Check the fuel pump.
Have you replaced FAP/DPF? Have you done the "go on a highway very fast to burn everything out" fix?
Use fuel from a solid gas station.
Might be a time and money consuming process but if you are 100% sure it's a 185hp engine, the issue must be somewhere.
Do you have a reputable mechanic? I wouldn't advise dealerships. There is a good Mazda shop in Krasne near Rzeszów.
I'm sure if you just explain the issue to a good mechanic, they will find the cause.
Cheers
Forumowicz

Od: 29 sty 2017, 12:23
Auto: Mazda3 BL 2009 2.0 151KM

Postprzez eldiablo74 » 6 lip 2022, 22:15

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, its 100% a 185 engine.
Ive changed everything apart from the injectors,i always fill up with shell/BP new battery, A/C is fucked needs a new radiator!
other than a jerky start up and a loss of power from 3500 – 4500 car runs great no MIL just i know its short on power.
How much would it cost an average polish guy to have the injectors removed and tested?
my polish language is very limited, i am going to school to learn , but not enough to describe what i could in english.

Its either the injector or something smaller.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Cześć,
Dzięki za odpowiedź, to w 100% silnik 185.
Zmieniłem wszystko oprócz wtryskiwaczy, zawsze napełniam nową baterią shell/BP, klimatyzacja jest popieprzona, potrzebuje nowej chłodnicy!
poza gwałtownym rozruchem i utratą mocy z 3500 – 4500 samochód działa świetnie, bez MIL, tylko wiem, że ma brak mocy.
Ile kosztowałoby przeciętnego Polaka usunięcie i przetestowanie wtryskiwaczy?
mój język polski jest bardzo ograniczony, chodzę do szkoły, aby się uczyć, ale nie na tyle, aby opisać to, co mogłem po angielsku.
Początkujący

Od: 9 sty 2022, 15:02
Auto: 2009
Mazda 3 2.2D 185 Sport Nav

Postprzez robi4o2 » 31 lip 2022, 19:43

Hi, you must check MAF sensor.
How? You must connect to computer.
I had the same problem.
Forumowicz

Od: 15 kwi 2009, 22:20
Auto: Mazda 5 Sport, 2009, Diesel MZR-CD 2.0 143KM>166KM