Hello and Help From Portugal!

Postprzez cuto » 14 sty 2010, 02:39

radar88 napisał(a):cuto don't wory in UK no body know what this is LPG instalaction and mechanic in UK never repair parts just change parts for new and this is all. Do You heave LPG station in Portugal??? Or Yes You are lucky guy. You car is very nice and in good condition. I thing mechanic in You country he don't know how make doing this and he tell You I can't. Maybe You must come to Poland and must doing this here.
I sorry my English it's not good but I know mechanic for border he is not good but in Poland we have more good mechanic.

Greeting,
radar88

Thank you radar88. Yes in Portugal we have plenty of LPG stations – I have one just 200 meters from home. On every highway all fuel stations have LPG. In total we have 276 LPG stations in a small country!

I wish i could go there and have my install done! Cheers!
Obrazek
Początkujący

Od: 9 gru 2009, 15:58

Postprzez radar88 » 14 sty 2010, 15:32

Yes it's true Your country is small and You heave a lot of LPG station so it's good 4 You. You a lucky guy. LPG station -200 meters from home. <spoko> Good pleace for living :D Good Luck mate.
]
Kamil

Od: 24 kwi 2009, 20:24
Auto: Mazda Xedos 9 TA KL 1993/98 A/T A7RED Pearl
Mazda Xedos 6 CA KF MT 1995 – Projekt odbudowa/swap

Postprzez cuto » 24 sty 2010, 23:30

Hello guys,

Yesterday i was able to film the engine noise my car is making.

The noise just started. I let the engine in Drive and handbreak on. Here is the sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thNpTPRPPB8

It comes somewhere above the timing belt, supercharger and just bellow the engine cover.

Any ideas?

Please!

Thank you all.
Początkujący

Postprzez darnik » 25 sty 2010, 16:56

Check the water pump. I had such noises at 110 000km. The mechanic said the compressor is making a noise and when I wanted to buy me a new one. But 3000km later the water pump broke completely. I changed the water pump, and to this day is okay.
Początkujący

Od: 4 sie 2007, 23:31
Auto: xedos 9

Postprzez cuto » 25 sty 2010, 17:34

darnik napisał(a):Check the water pump. I had such noises at 110 000km. The mechanic said the compressor is making a noise and when I wanted to buy me a new one. But 3000km later the water pump broke completely. I changed the water pump, and to this day is okay.

Thank you for the tip darnik: left the car at the mechanic today. First thing he said : compressor! I told him the car didnt smoke and that the noise has a low frequency and compressor runs much higher. I noticed the car skips RPM when the noise appears, so it could be a spark plug or coil. Just phoned him and told him to check the water pump also.

He will be changing entire timing belt kit,all service belts and sparkplugs....and im hoping he finds the source of that noise. But...he looked very scared when he saw that V6...
Początkujący

Postprzez voytecku » 25 sty 2010, 21:04

cuto napisał(a):He will be changing entire timing belt kit,all service belts and sparkplugs

Ask him to pay special attention when he starts taking the timing belt covers out. The mounting tabs can be easily broken and new covers cost a fortune at the dealers. And it's close to impossible to get used ones as the covers from the KL engine simply don't fit.

Also as an important tip, it may help him to remove the SC wheel first. Oh, and one more thing, he also should pay attention to how the vacuum hoses go. It's a very common mistake to misconnect them. There should be a vacuum schema at forums.mazdaworld.org.

When it comes to the parts you can get them from ebay for reasonable prices (brand new). The water pump should cost less than $50 shipped. And the entire timing belt kit w/ tensioner for less than $200 w/o shipping. However, the belt itself is not of a good quality and I'd rather get an aftermarket one.

Thanks,
voytecku.
Forumowicz

Od: 12 sty 2005, 22:00
Auto: Fiat Stilo

Postprzez cuto » 25 sty 2010, 23:08

Thank you voytecku: all the tips are gold for me!

I bought this kit:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=

Seems nice and it has the Mazda original Hydraulic tensioner that costs over 300 Euros here. I paid 260 Euros for the complete Kit.

Just in case: i left all the pics from milleniatech on how to change all the sparks, and got the Vacuum diagram from there also:
http://www.milleniatech.net/

Thank you

Will keep you posted my friends!
Początkujący

Postprzez voytecku » 26 sty 2010, 21:35

cuto napisał(a):I bought this kit:

That's what I was referring to, the belt is a cheap crap, get a good aftermarket part. I've bought the same kit but with a genuine belt :)

Thanks,
voytecku.
Forumowicz

Od: 12 sty 2005, 22:00
Auto: Fiat Stilo

Postprzez cuto » 27 sty 2010, 00:52

voytecku napisał(a):
cuto napisał(a):I bought this kit:

That's what I was referring to, the belt is a cheap crap, get a good aftermarket part. I've bought the same kit but with a genuine belt :)

Thanks,
voytecku.

I see..too late now!

UPDATE: timing belt kit installed today, spark plugs are going in. New water pump arrives tomorrow!

Mechanic diagnotic till now: everything was ok with timing belt, no noises, tensioner was still good.

Best bet: it´s a spark plug or a coil causing a misfire that could shakes the engine around the supercharger area. Tomorrow all sparks are gonna be changed and engine will be checked for the noise, if it keeps doing it, time to test all the coils. The fact is: misfire causes the noise...so far.
Początkujący

Postprzez cuto » 30 sty 2010, 01:06

Good and and bad news:

Got the car today, everything was replaced (by everything i mean the list bellow):

1- New timing belt kit, tensioner and idlers included.

2- New Spark Plugs.

3- New water pump.

4- All service belts.

Conclusion: car still does the same. It is misfiring for sure. You can hear the hesitation in the exhaust also (Tks Saint).

Now...as far as the mechanic sees it: the misfire of one or more cylinders causes the engine to jerk, the noise appears to be the Supercharger pulley (?) twitching. In fact you can see it jerk when misfire(s) happen.
Next bet: coils. I really don't know how to test them coz theres no OBD2 on the Xedos, it won´t show the codes has it would on the millenia my guess). Gonna try a Mazda dealer now...

Next : injector?

Good news: the mechanic was really into the car. To change all the coils he says he will need 3 hours. I saw him changing the rear spark plugs....WOW...i was amazed on how he knew what to so quick. Asked him how the hell he knew all the steps by heart. Answer: " If you really pay attention to what you are doing while taking an engine or whatever apart, mark the parts, cables, hoses etc. etc, it's easy to read the "crumbs" back to the correct path".

Oh..btw. This is the good news. I finally got a shop that can take care of that engine. The guy had a Bosh diagnostic UBER machine, no coil test available on that. (not for OBD1...it showed very few tests on this car, the same, i'm afraid i could pick up with my buzzer tester).

Gonna think if it's worth buying 3 coils to test...but i think next step is trying to get Mazda dealership to read the codes.
Początkujący

Postprzez cuto » 5 mar 2010, 17:55

Hello again!

Problem is solved! It was a bad coil causing the misfire. I only have the car because i had ordered 6 new coils already. Mazda said it was a conrod and that the engine was dying. Changed the coils yesterday and the car is running like new!

:) :)
Początkujący

Postprzez Siwus » 6 mar 2010, 04:47

cuto napisał(a):Problem is solved! It was a bad coil causing the misfire. I only have the car because i had ordered 6 new coils already. Mazda said it was a conrod and that the engine was dying. Changed the coils yesterday and the car is running like new!

It is good that the problem solved ;)
pracoholik
Forumowicz

Od: 26 kwi 2008, 00:31
Auto: Chrysler Sebring '01 2.7V6